With 21 faculties, more than 45,500 students and with an experienced teaching staff, “Babeş-Bolyai” University is a modern institution which is now an active participant in most of the European and American academic associations.
Located in a geographical area characterized by the presence of diverse ethnic and religious groups, our University adheres to a policy of multiculturalism, its students and teaching staff being Romanian, as well as Hungarian and German. In order to respect this multicultural structure, all university curricula take into account the three ethnic and linguistic components. Our University proposes long and short-term academic studies for 105 specializations in Romanian, 52 in Hungarian, 13 in German and 4 in English.
The Applied Modern Languages Department (LMA) is the most important translator and interpreter training centre of our university. Since October 2007, the LMA Department counts with the only Romanian program accepted into the EMCI consortium, as a full partner alongside the best 17 interpreting schools throughout Europe.
The role of “Babeş-Bolyai” University in the project:
- conceptual framework: provide feedback, ideas
- platform: provide feedback, participate in the testing phase, participate in the blog, fora, wikis, etc.
- development of ready-made activities, accompanied by the respective lesson plans to build a repository in the languages of the project and for various levels.
- report on actual class application: utilise the activities in courses.
- dissemination and exploitation activities: participate in conferences, publish articles, organise ClipFlair workshops locally.
Operational and financial management will be undertaken by the Department of Applied Modern Languages of “Babeş-Bolyai” University, Cluj-Napoca, by the Foreign Relations Department or other department, depending on the policy of the university.