Cristina Felea, Ph.D. is a senior lecturer at the Faculty of Letters of Babes-Bolyai University, Cluj-Napoca, Romania. As a member of the Department for Foreign Languages for Specific Purposes (since 1995), she has a broad experience in curriculum and material building, methodology development and teaching English for (Specific) Academic Purposes to undergraduate students in social sciences. Her current didactic and research interest focus on integrating Web 2.0 technology in teaching and in building a blended learning environment for full time and distance learning students. With an academic formation in British/ American literature, she is also a licensed translator, having translated some major American authors (Henry Miller, Peter Beagle, Jack Kerouac) for important Romanian publishing houses.
As an authorised translator she has expertise in specialised translation where she works as a freelancer.
She has worked on several national and EC-Funded projects.
- Teglas Camelia-Daniela, Felea Cristina-Nona, Mezei Vlad Georgian (2009). English B2-C1 Social Sciences and Sport. Cluj-Napoca: Editura Echinox.
- Felea Cristina-Nona, Stanca Liana Maria (2011). Wikis in teaching English for Academic Purposes – Engaging Romanian Students in a 21st Century Learning Environment, The 7th International Scientific Conference, eLSE, elearning and Software for Education, April 28-29, Bucharest: Editura Universitara, pp. 460-467.
- Felea Cristina, Stanca Liana (2012). Wiki Tools in Teaching English for Specific (Academic) Purposes – Improving Students’ Participation, Kowledge Management and E-Learning, Sinaia. (to be published in PostProceedings LNCS, Springer)
- Felea Cristina-Nona, Stanca Liana Maria (2010). Wiki Tools and English for Academic Purposes-Fostering Collaborative and Autonomous Learning in Higher Education, Index Copernicus, Revista de Informatica Sociala, 2010, pp.55-65
- Cristina Felea (2012). The Beat Literary Movement and the Postmodernist Breakthrough. Cluj-Napoca: Eikon.