ClipFlair organises the international conference Innovation in Language Learning: Multimodal Approaches to be held at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona on 18 and 19 June 2014. Conference page
call for papers
The European project ClipFlair (Foreign Language Learning through Interactive Captioning and Revoicing of Clips, http://clipflair.net) organises the international conference Innovation in Language Learning: Multimodal Approaches to be held at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona on 18 and 19 June 2014.
The conference is organised around three main lines of research:
- ICT in language learning
- Audiovisuals in language learning
- Translation & Language learning
Papers are invited on new audiovisual and ICT environments for language learning, including the following topics:
- Language learning in multilingual societies
- E-learning and blended language learning
- Language learning and mobile devices
- Subtitling and captioning in language learning
- Revoicing in language learning
- Language for specific purposes (LSPs)
- Audiovisual materials in language testing and assessment
- Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) and audiovisual resources
- Video games and virtual reality for language learning
- Social networks in language learning
- Copyright issues in e-learning
- Quality and innovation in foreign language learning
- Training language teachers
- Promoting minoritised languages
The programme will feature:
- two plenary sessions
- oral presentations
- workshops led by ClipFlair partners, specialists in the captioning and revoicing of video materials in language learning and translation training.
Papers for the oral presentations are allotted 20 minutes. Applicants should send a MS Word document with the following information:
- Name of the author(s), contact information and institution
- Abstract in English (250-350 words)
- Preferred line of research (ICT in language learning, Audiovisuals in language learning, Translation & Language learning)
Send the MS Word document to cg.clipflair at uab.cat by 10th January 2014. Abstracts will be blind peer-reviewed. A selection of the papers will be published.
Notification of acceptance will be sent by 10 February 2014.
English, Spanish and Catalan are the languages of the conference for oral presentations.
18/06/2014: David Little (Trinity College, Ireland) [Confirmed]
19/06/2014: [To be confirmed]
Opens: 10 February 2014
Closes: 10 June 2014
Fees include workshops, materials and coffee breaks.
- Standard fee (before 30 March 2014): €90
- Standard fee (after 1 April 2014): €130
- Student concession: €50
- Deadline for submission of abstracts: 10 January 2014
- Notification of acceptance: 10 February 2014
- Early bird registration deadline: 30 March 2014
- Registration: 10 February – 10 June 2014
local organising committee
Helena Casas-Tost, Anabel Galán-Mañas, Lucía Molina, Patricia Rodríguez Inés, Lupe Romero, Sara Rovira and Olga Torres-Hostench (with the support of the ClipFlair coordination team)
By email: cg.clipflair at uab.cat
This conference is part of the project Foreign Language Learning through Interactive Captioning and Revoicing of Clips, funded by the Life Long Learning Programme of the European Commission.