TLU’s Language Centre is affiliated to the Tallinn University and prepares the students to participate at foreign language courses, so we are offering a general knowledge about the language and the culture. We use all the traditional methods and experimenting with the new media. For example: using the materials that the Internet offers, watching movies, documentaries, news, conversations. We also organize video productions in which the whole class participates (writing and performing in foreign language).
TLU’s role in the project is to develop educational material for foreign language learning. More precisely it will:
- contribute to the establishment of the conceptual framework and the pedagogical methodology (as described in work package 2)for the use of revoicing and captioning using audiovisual material for foreign language learning;
- develop 22 activities for various levels of the CEFR based on revoicing and captioning in both intralingual (same language) and interlingual (different languages) modes;
- undertake all required administrative tasks, e.g. provide the necessary information for the progress and final reports;
- organise the 2nd project meeting;
- provide feedback for the development of the web platform;
- utilise the produced material (beta version of the web platform and the activities) in actual educational environments, including face-to-face learning, self-learning, distance learning and provide a pilot use report.
- contribute to the evaluation of the materials produced
- disseminate and exploit the project products